Thursday, October 1, 2020

Weekly Blog Post 4

 Week 4

I worked on research and character concepts. I need images of a bird-like dinosaur and a T-rex for reference. I have a basic plot of my story which I will work on more next week as I flesh out my characters. The story is about a baby bird dinosaur that falls out of his nest before he can fly and a T-Rex helps him find his way home after the baby was chased away from the nest by predators.

For the baby bird, I wanted to base it off of a real dinosaur. Either a Microraptor or an Archaeopteryx. I do not know a lot of dinosaurs that lived in trees or flew so I hope to find a good design from these references.




For the T-Rex, I want to make my own style of a friendly one. I was inspired by the shapes of the We're Back character right below because of how they transformed him from a mean-looking dinosaur to a friendly reptile with a curious and easygoing personality.







This is some practice I did for the T-rex to get a feel for how big the jaw and shape of the head should be. I want to finalize my character designs by next week so I can begin the scripting soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Post 13 Final Presentation

Senior Portfolio Final Review What were your goals this semester? My goals for this semester to improve upon my Digital 2D art skills and 3D...