Thursday, March 11, 2021

Weekly Blog Post 6

 This week I mainly focused on my 2D art and got a few icons done for the game design project! I worked on Item icons for most of this week and went through many variations for each. The final products are seen below. The bowling ball was simple since it was four circles and easy to shade. The waves were the tricky part since I needed to implement a similar color but as a pattern to show that the ball is rolling while being rotated in-game.



The Fire Wand was not as easy. I tried many different shapes as seen in my last post before my director suggested a simple triangular wand similar to the Harry Potter style. The most difficult part was making an effect look like fire to display the power of the wand. At first, I did red swirls around the wand but it was too symmetrical. I eventually discovered the flame tool in photoshop which helped me create a fire effect in the motion of a path.


Below are the items during experimentation. I am happy with what I was able to produce but would like to focus more on my animation skills after this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Post 13 Final Presentation

Senior Portfolio Final Review What were your goals this semester? My goals for this semester to improve upon my Digital 2D art skills and 3D...