Thursday, February 25, 2021

Weekly Blog Post 4

 This week I worked on icons for my game design class.

I worked on an icon for the red herb, flame crown, and stat potion.

The red herb took a few days because I was not sure how my director wanted the leaf shape to look. After a few different versions, I landed on the illustration below.









Here is my most recent version. I am still working on the details for the gems and the fire and then I will add highlights and shadows to the whole thing.
I first made it with blue flames, but my director preferred red flames.
 


These are some variations I made for the flame crown.




The health potion I posted last week and the stat potion took a lot longer because there was a lot of experimenting with effects and layers to make the liquid look more real and magical. 



I went through a lot of different shapes before choosing the one above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Post 13 Final Presentation

Senior Portfolio Final Review What were your goals this semester? My goals for this semester to improve upon my Digital 2D art skills and 3D...